Posted to misc.consumers.house
RickR RickR is offline

Default fluorescent light

My note was a response to Bill and the referenced article.

It is an article at a utility sponsored outreach lab, by highly
qualified staff. That article contains further references to a specific
paper as the basis for its conclusions.

Further information can be gathered from almost any reliable source,
i.e. universities, lamp manufacturers, books, but not third party
memories. The single largest source I am aware of, (since we are
dealing with many fine details that are well beyond the capacity of a
newsgroup,) is the Illuminating Engineering Society of North America:
www.iesna.org and its record of peer-reviewed papers that covers over
100 years of research from virtually all industry sources, currently
named LEUKOS.

Richard Reid, LC*
Luminous Views*

*LC is a designation by the National Council on Qualifications for the
Lighting Professions: www.ncqlp.org for details
*Luminous Views is my company that does lighting design and
consultation for architectural projects. www.luminousviews.com

Is that enough background for you?

jim wrote:
On 27 Oct 2006 10:12:23 -0700, "RickR" wrote:

Hmm,
On the one hand we have scientific research, backed by decades of

Ok, tell us where???? Otherwise you're just BS (not LC)