Posted to alt.home.repair
Frank Frank is offline

Default Caught another possum....

wrote:
I've caught a couple and released to park.

What's the best way to handle skunks? We're really after groundhogs and
our greatest fear is trapping a skunk even if it's just to let it go on
the spot, much less to carry anywhere in a vehicle. I know they're
around based on their smell at nights every now and again.

I caught a skunk in a homemade trap. I was after groundhog and was
going to drop off on way to work. Went to work and called Fish and
Game Dept. and they said it was not a game animal and to call an
exterminator. Exterminator wanted $200 (this was several years ago and
would probably be double today). Wife put on rain gear and went out
and opened trap and ran.
Skunk stayed in trap for a while and ambled off and did not spray.
Heard since that they will not spray if confined and best thing to do
is throw a tarp over them and haul them off. Damned if I'd put in the
trunk of my car though
Frank