Posted to rec.woodworking
Doug Miller Doug Miller is offline

Default Blade Guard on a Table Saw?

In article . net,
says...
Want to do a pol? I doubt very many will be on your side. I came very close
to doing the same thing to you as Leon did.

I frankly don't care if you, or Leon, or anyone else, killfiles me, and
I'll be quite happy to debate with anyone the proposition that aligning
pencil marks to a spinning saw blade somehow saves time or improves
accuracy as compared to aligning the same marks with a single tooth when
the blade is stopped.

Leon at least had enough sense to recognize that leaning over a spinning
saw blade while sliding a board back and forth to align a pencil mark to
the blade is less safe than making the alignment when the saw is not
running -- but when I pointed out that he had completely failed to
justify his frankly absurd contention that doing so saved time and
improved accuracy, he got his panties in a wad, made a few snide
remarks, and bailed on the discussion.

No great loss IMO.

[My apologies to all if this post appears multiple times -- having some
trouble with the newsreader software]