Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Light bulbs to be taxed

In article ,
Phil L wrote:
Even though I consider myself to be fairly eco-friendly, I absolutely
hate these useless CFLs. The specs say that they are equivalent to
100W incandescents but I think they are dismal and completely
inadequate.

Thy are if you don't give them five minutes to warm up, for those five
minutes it's like being in a cave.

Even when fully warmed up their output just isn't the equivalent as
stated. I replaced a 100 watt large globe bulb with one claimed to be 100w
and it wasn't. And I doubt the globe one was the most efficient type of
incandescent bulb either. They probably use the same criterion as boiler
makers do for efficiency. ;-)

--
*No sentence fragments *

Dave Plowman London SW