Posted to alt.home.repair
Eigenvector Eigenvector is offline

Default Caught another possum....

wrote in message
ups.com...
I've caught a couple and released to park.

What's the best way to handle skunks? We're really after groundhogs and
our greatest fear is trapping a skunk even if it's just to let it go on
the spot, much less to carry anywhere in a vehicle. I know they're
around based on their smell at nights every now and again.

A good shotgun (loaded with blanks if you don't want to hurt them). Skunks
are like cats, they are curious and predatory. I've heard they even make
good pets - once you remove the scent gland. Personally, having been
sprayed while out hiking and having to deal with them on the farm, I'm more
inclined to scare them off.
But that's just my own opinion.

Frank wrote:

I've caught a couple and released to park. I was out to get groundhogs
and raccoons which I also took to park along with several squirrels.
Is possum harmless enough to release back to yard? It's a pain to have
to give all these animals a ride to the park

Frank