Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andy Hall Andy Hall is offline

Default Light bulbs to be taxed

On 2006-10-29 20:09:49 +0000, S Viemeister said:

Phil L wrote:

Everything that uses electricity will soon be taxed to the hilt and the
more power they use, the higher the tax...hairdryers, irons, kettles,
heaters etc will soon have a hefty tax, along with ovens, toasters and
christ knows what...we're being steered towards using gas, presumably
because it's almost free, although not to us.

Great - for those who have mains gas. The nearest gas main to me, is
perhaps 100 miles away.

That was thoughtless of Hydro. They could have put in a branch on the
Langeled pipeline to help you out a bit. I guess that you're closer
to Norway than London anyway....