Posted to rec.woodworking
Doug Miller Doug Miller is offline

Default Blade Guard on a Table Saw?

In article , "Leon" wrote:

"Doug Miller" wrote in message
. com...

Keeping the blade uncovered so you can see it *does* increase the hazard
(you
even agreed with that) and it does *not* provide any advantages.

Not using the guard can increase the hazard. Correct, no one disputes that.
that horse is dead.

There are advantages as I have indicated. If you cannot wrap you mind
around that perhaps a coloring book would help.

The "advantages" you've indicated are purely illusory. There are in fact no
advantages at all, and it's not *me* having trouble wrapping his mind around a
simple concept. Statically aligning the pencil mark is every bit as accurate,
perhaps even more so, than trying to align to a spinning blade -- as long as
you pick the right tooth (which seems to be where you're having trouble).

It's faster, it's safer, and the only reason for not doing so is "I've never
done it that way before."

--
Regards,