Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Rumm John Rumm is offline

Default Driver Bits

The Medway Handyman wrote:

Is this like the SDS drill, quality jigsaw thing?

Kind of... the Hammer drill/SDS comparison is probably closest. These
tools do one job very well (drive screws). Pro's are effectiveness and
they tend to be smaller and lighter. Con's are they make more noise
(throught the fabric of the building as well), are quite pricey, and not
much use as a general purpose drill. There are a few jobs that they do
which are very hard with an ordinary drill, like sticking self tappers
into metal studding.

As to the difference in results between price ranges, I can't comment
since I have not used enough different ones. Obviously if you have a
particular manufacturers cordless kit, then being able to share
batteries or chargers may be useful.

--
Cheers,

John.