Roy

Default Husqvarna Chainsaw Fiasco

On Thu, 22 Jan 2004 19:45:01 GMT, "Rich"
wrote:

===Purchased a nice chainsaw via internet like most of all my tools.
===
===Saw had a brake problem with the chain and I called the local service center
===for warranty work and they said come on down.
===Once they found out I purchased it on the internet at the shop they refused
===to work on it as a warranty job since I didnt buy it from them. They cited
===low pay from Husky on warranty work and were not willing to do it if they
===didnt make the sale.
===
===I called Husqvarna about the problem and they told me that "I need to
===understand the dealers perspective" and they have the right to refuse
===service, even warranty work when they are an authorized dealer/repair
===center.
===
===Most likely it is a simple fix as far as adjusting the brake band on the
===clutch but it seems the local dealers are fighting back and I am caught in
===the middle.
===
===Who cares about me, they all got my money and in the mean time I have
===useless, expensive, orange boat anchor with Husqvarna written on the side.
===
===Anyway be advised if your buying mail order chainsaws.
===
===Rich
===

I see now differenc ein if you bought a saw and then moved 1000 miles
away to another town and had problems, Husky has to honor their
warranty no matter where or how you gopt youor saw. Sure it may not be
given first priority but if its actually warranted a Husky dealer
should fix it. Find a Husky dealer thats not a jerk and don't tell em
you bought it cheaper off the internet. I think I would be putting me
up a website dedicated to Husky if I did not get any satisfaction out
of them. I did it with Crapsman Sears and got their attention after I
sent them an email pointing them to what I had on the website it did
not take long until I got a call from the local service manager who
was then more than eager to remedy my troubles.
I had no input whatsoever.
Remove "nospam" from email addy.