Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon Leon is offline

Default Blade Guard on a Table Saw?

"Swingman" wrote in message

Perhaps there is an element of danger that goes along with talent? IIRC,
Sam
Maloof had a hard time, on more than one occasion, telling his fingers
from
the workpiece when using a bandsaw.

Well I certainly am not to be compared to Sam Maloof but I suspect that he
and I have similar methods of making cuts. I had to chuckle the other day
while watching Modern Masters on TV.. Sam Maloof was one of the artists
being recognised.
He was rounding over the edges of a 2" wide leg for one of his rockers with
a large router. He was holding the router with only one hand while
holding the leg with the other. He said that he had his share of scars from
not having always done things in a more conventional way.

Then there's Roy ...

Yeah, and then there is Roy. I know that he will always be wearing a
bandaid and hope that the bandaid is all he will ever need. ;~)

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/29/06