Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon Leon is offline

Default Blade Guard on a Table Saw?

"Doug Miller" wrote in message
om...

Not exactly, but he *did* say that he adjusts the board as needed after he
sees where the cut starts:

"I ease the wood up to the blade and watch where the blade "begins to cut"
in
relation to the mark. If it is not where I want it, I simply move the
board
left or right and proceed with the cut."

Ok to clarify, Do you ever have a slight bit of tear out on the back side
of a cut that gets sanded off? I don't cut that much into the lead of the
cut. I push the wood up until the blade, let me say this again, "begins" to
cut the wood. Read that as when the blade touches the wood I stop pushing.
The amount removed during that initial approach usually gets sanded off to
ease the edge during finish sanding.