Posted to rec.woodworking
George Max George Max is offline

Default A gloat at Sears?!?!

On Fri, 27 Oct 2006 21:32:13 -0400, "Gary"
wrote:

"CW" wrote

Craftsman bashing is the in thing here. Some have had
experience, most are just "me too" types.

It would seem so

I honestly don't give a crappe one way or the other... I guess my problem is
with predjudice in any form (shrug)

I have Craftsman, DeWalt, Delta, Freud, Ridgid, and Ryobi power tools. Oh,
and a B&D belt sander.... I buy whatever goes on sale (big-time sale, I
mean) because I know that, by and large, there isn't much difference:
They're either made in a place with good Quality Control and are expensive,
or made in a place with poor Quality Control and are cheap. The rest is
pretty much fluff.

As for hand tools, I used to be a Snap-On snob, but I fortunately grew out
of that. In these days of no-questions-asked lifetime guarantees and most of
the stuff coming from the same couple of manufactures anyway, paying for the
Big Name is plain stoopit. Er, IMHO

Cheers!

Gary

Buying solely on price doesn't make much sense either. There really
is a reason a Big Name became a big name. And I don't mean hype. I
mean they perform well.

There are many reasons for buying one thing instead of another but
lets face facts - some brands/tools that cost more are that way
because they really are a superior product.