Jimbo

Default Husqvarna Chainsaw Fiasco

Joel Corwith:

No Joel that's not what I mean.

Buying from a company that is part of the dealer network protects you from
that. If the seller is not part of that dealer network or a Grey Market
dealer your not in the dealer network anymore.

Nikon USA does not give warrantee coverage on cameras that do not have a
serial numbers proving they where legally imported into the USA for sale as
new camera's. However a tourist or any other person with a broken camera
can get their camera repaied N/C in the USA or any other country by proving
it was purchased from a licenced dealer any where in the world. It all
comes down to buying from an authorized dealer not some guy who buys up
bankrucy stock or out of date models and sells them cheap.

Jimbo
"Joel Corwith" wrote in message

"Jimbo" . wrote in message
I really be interested to know how much Rich paid for his chain saw
including taxes and shipping? Then I'd like him to tell us what his

local
dealership was asking for the same exact unit? Then I would like him to
post the model and serial number of the saw so that some knowledgable

person
on this group can tell all of us what a fair price would be for the same
unit purchased through a local dealer.

I'd almost be willing to bet the difference in price won't add up to any
more than it will cost him for 1 hours service at full shop rate to get

the
saw running properly.

So I drive my Ford to Disneyland and having an under warranty transmission
problem have it serviced. I pay the dealer the difference between the
Arizona vehicle price and the California price for the repair?

Joel. phx

Jimbo

"jim rozen" wrote in message
In article , Carl Byrns

says...

Equipment dealers are independent businesses and they don't profit
from warranty work- warranty repair is a neccessary evil.

Unfortunately this is true, even if you *do* buy
your stuff from a local dealer. They still hate doing
the warranty repair because it is $$$ out of their
pocket.

I've seen cases, locally, where the standard approach
to warranty repair is the "sunshine treatment" which
means the item or vehicle is simply left out in the
sunshine with the hopes that the magic solar rays
will fix it.

This goes on until the customer gets fed up and goes
elsewhere. Because of this practice you now see
lemon laws, they do that three times and they just
bought back your car.

This flip side is why I'm not shedding too many tears
for a dealer who is contractually required to do
a warranty repair, gets stuck with this sort of thing.
Consider: if the dealer's price were more in line with
the internet price, the entire thing could be avoided...

Jim

please reply to: