Rick Chamberlain

Default Husqvarna Chainsaw Fiasco

In article ,
says...

"Rick Chamberlain" wrote in message
Perhaps I was rash and maybe we're not hearing the whole story from
Rich. I still can't understand the argument that a dealer - in business
to make money - would ever take on service work that would cost him
money.
--

Perhaps the amount the dealer gets reimbursed on warranty repairs is much
less than his normal shop rate? I owned a small engine repair shop. Warranty

This has nothing to do with reimbursement rates. If the shop doesn't
make money doing warranty work, then why do it?

Also, the warranty is between the manufacturer and the consumer,
executed by authorized service centers. I don't personally care if the
shop makes nothing - they agreed to be an agent of the company and honor
the warranty.

That said, this shop had a chance to convert a non-customer into one,
and failed miserably. The shop owner didn't look at potential future
business, only that Rich didn't buy the saw from him, so screw him.

I'm glad you personally chose to honor warranty work from people who
didn't purchase from you, but fail to see why you would take 50% of your
normal rate for it.
--
Regards,

Rick