Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.hvac
Tony Hwang Tony Hwang is offline

Default Furnace not igniting (Comfortmaker RPJ II - electronic igniter)

wrote:
Hi,
He is trolling. Trouble code is blinking LED thru small glass window.
Count the blinks to come up with a code. Like ... . will be 31.
Either you have a manual or a sheet with list of code is on the cover
panel usually.

I didn't see any LED signals. There isn't a list of codes anywhere on
the furnace either.
After more trouble shooting I'm thinking it's the igniter. Usually the
first thing you hear is the click-zap sound of the electric igniter.
That no longer happens. Can a non-professional like me replace this
part or try to service it?

Hi,
If you can see if the module is getting power when it needs to activate.
If it gets proper power and nothing happens(no sparksO, then module is a
suspect.
Problem is the module like that is often non-returnable once you buy it.
So unless absolutely sure, it's a gamble. But it's known to fail.