Posted to alt.home.repair
HeyBub HeyBub is offline

Default child-proofing entry doors

"Jeff Wisnia" wrote in message
et...
Lawrence wrote:

Change
the locks so that they require a key, inside and out, and you will not
have to guess where your child is when, god forbid, they go missing.
Children like to play games and hide-and-seek is a favorite.

Lawrence

In many localities locks which require a key on the inside to open them
are illegal for obvious fire safety reasons.

So how do you arrange a burglar-bar door?

I have key locks on both sides of the burglar bar doors. I tell all my
overnight guests that in the event of fire, forget the door, make for the
window (the windows' burglar-bars all open from the inside).