Posted to alt.home.repair
CathyLee CathyLee is offline

Default child-proofing entry doors

hi all

My son is 2 1/2 just moved out of his crib...his grandmother is worried he
will open the deadbolts on the new entry doors and go outside in the winter
while we are sleeping (she heard it happened to someone else on the news)

My husband works from 4 am to 7 am milking his cows so I would like a lock
that will lock behind him and that he could open when he gets home. Any
ideas?

Do they still make those old keyed locks that pull to lock and have a button
you push down to open?

I have taught my son to leave the house when the fire alarm sounds so I
don't really like the idea of locking the doors ... any thoughts?

CathyLee