Posted to rec.woodworking
Tim Tim is offline

Default A gloat at Sears?!?!

The Delta miter saw is twice the price and too large for what wanted.
Hmm.
I think I chose correctly.

Maybe. You bought for today. And when you get a hankerin' to build
something too big for it tomorrow it won't look like as good a deal.

Well, I could use the RAS I mentioned.

You guys are just jealous because you don't get gloats. (I bought a $500
leaf blower off craigslist for $50 last week. Kinda old, but starts on
the
first pull. Anyone want to try to tear that one down? Or maybe the
parachute I bought at a garage sale for $18 and sold on ebay for $360? Or
the 200bf of oak I bought on ebay for $1. Or the exercise machine I found
in the street waiting for trash pickup that I sold on ebay for $450?)

If you need a leaf blower, that doesn't sound too bad.

I am in the middle of 100 acres of oak/maple/cherry. Sure do.

You bought a parachute at a garage sale? Care to trust it with your
life? Who are your survivors going to look to if it's determined to
be defective? IMO, that's an item better bought from a reputable
supplier.

I have three jumps, and just thought it was a nice knickknack; never planned
to use it. Selling it for a 2000% profit was serendipidy.