Posted to rec.woodworking
brianlanning brianlanning is offline

Default Off Topic Okay, tell me why this isn't a gloat!

pe wrote:
These two wins ALMOST make up for the rebates I have applied for over the
years on computer crap and never received..

My favorite one was about seven or eight years ago. Some popular
retail computer site, I can't remember the url now
something-online.com. It was bought out by egghead or someone similar.
So they went on this huge liquidation sale. They used an online
auction to unload everything. But there wasn't enough people who knew
about it. So all sorts of software was going for $1 or $2, things that
should have been a lot more. I ended up buying some server backup
software similar to ghost for $10. When I received it, I discovered a
few things. First, it was novell only, so I couldn't use it. Second,
it normally went for about $1000 retail (i didn't know). Third, there
was a $200 rebate in it. I ended up getting the rebate.

brian