Jimbo

Default Husqvarna Chainsaw Fiasco

When I was in the business of servicing printing presses one of my suppliers
had us sign a contract protecting our local territories. I didn't like the
idea at first but the following incident sure made me a believer.

A smart assed dealer some where out in the boon docks decided to sell the
sensitive peace of equipment that required a lot of skill to install.

Customer tried to install them and they didn't work properly ergo the
manufacturer flew a service person from head office out to repair the
attachment and billed the selling dealer, and that bill was usually around
$1500.00 to $2500.00. As you can imagine nobody tried selling outside
their normal service area again.

Jimbo

"Rick Chamberlain" wrote in message
In article ,
says...
Purchased a nice chainsaw via internet like most of all my tools.

Saw had a brake problem with the chain and I called the local service

center
for warranty work and they said come on down.
Once they found out I purchased it on the internet at the shop they

refused
to work on it as a warranty job since I didnt buy it from them. They

cited
low pay from Husky on warranty work and were not willing to do it if

they
didnt make the sale.

I called Husqvarna about the problem and they told me that "I need to
understand the dealers perspective" and they have the right to refuse
service, even warranty work when they are an authorized dealer/repair
center.

Most likely it is a simple fix as far as adjusting the brake band on the
clutch but it seems the local dealers are fighting back and I am caught

in
the middle.

Who cares about me, they all got my money and in the mean time I have
useless, expensive, orange boat anchor with Husqvarna written on the

side.

Anyway be advised if your buying mail order chainsaws.

Rich

What a crock. I suppose if you told them you got it as a Christmas
present from your father in law across the country they wouldn't service
it either?

You buy the product, you buy the company, and you should get the
warranty. Period. If Husky says that a local dealer can refuse you
service, then Husky should service the machine themselves.

Take it to the next level at Husky.
--
Regards,

Rick