Posted to uk.d-i-y
[email protected] JGralton@gmail.com is offline

Default Wire width for a socket ring main

Thank you,

Yes sorry not sure why width jumped in to my head.

James
Hi,

I have a ring main in my kitchen for 7 double sockets. I want to add a
spur from 2 of the existing sockets to generate 2 new double sockets
which will be in a better position for my new fitted kitchen. My
question is what width should the T&E be for the spurs?

"Width" seems an odd way of describing T&E, but....

The correct size of T&E for such a spur is 2.5sq mm. You are only
allowed one double socket per spur (which sounds like what you are
proposing).

It's in a kitchen so (I think) Part P applies, if that worries you.

--
Chris Green