Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Wire width for a socket ring main

Hi,

I have a ring main in my kitchen for 7 double sockets. I want to add a
spur from 2 of the existing sockets to generate 2 new double sockets
which will be in a better position for my new fitted kitchen. My
question is what width should the T&E be for the spurs?

Thank you,

James

Posted to uk.d-i-y

It's in a kitchen so (I think) Part P applies, if that worries you.

--

Slightly off topic.

Part of the definition of a kitchen for part P is that it is a room
containing a sink. So would removing the sink before rewiring and
replacing it afterwards let you out of the requirment for
notification.? :-)

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 27 Oct 2006 08:07:49 -0700, "dcbwhaley" wrote:

It's in a kitchen so (I think) Part P applies, if that worries you.

--

Slightly off topic.

Part of the definition of a kitchen for part P is that it is a room
containing a sink. So would removing the sink before rewiring and
replacing it afterwards let you out of the requirment for
notification.? :-)

What are the other parts of the definition?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

marvelus wrote:

What are the other parts of the definition?

4. For the purposes of this Schedule -

"kitchen" means a room or part of a room which contains a sink
and food preparation facilities;

[http://www.opsi.gov.uk/si/si2004/20043210.htm (as amended by
http://www.opsi.gov.uk/si/si2006/20060652.htm Section 20)]

--
Andy
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Andy Wade writes:
marvelus wrote:

What are the other parts of the definition?

4. For the purposes of this Schedule -

"kitchen" means a room or part of a room which contains a sink
and food preparation facilities;

Which means most kitchens cease being kitchens for the period
between gutting the old one, and finishing the new one.

--
Andrew Gabriel

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Andrew Gabriel wrote:

Which means most kitchens cease being kitchens for the period
between gutting the old one, and finishing the new one.

Now there's an interesting point...

--
Andy