Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.house,misc.consumers.frugal-living

Default What's a good older washing machine brand/model?

My GE purchased to do my diapers died about age 40 motor developed a
internal short I couldnt get motor and felt bad when garbageman took it
away. my hamilton gas dryer was older than that it was bought at the
beginging of the second world war and died around 1995.

my 1990 dodge caravan got retired recently with about 400,000 miles on
it.

such things are possible but unusual in todays throiw away society