Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.house,misc.consumers.frugal-living
[email protected] bungalow_steve@yahoo.com is offline

Default What's a good older washing machine brand/model?

Doc wrote:
I'm probably going to have to get another washing machine since my ancient
Hotpoint has munched a seal and lubricant is leaking out.

A local appliance shop has a number of refurb'd top loader washers of
various brands - Roper, Maytag, Kenmore, Kitchenaide, Whirlpool, RCA, GE.

What do they charge?

You can buy a bare bones new whirlpool for $179 at Lowes, it only has
one knob and maybe 4 cycles, simple as dirt.

Private owners usually sell used ones for $50.

Hard to say what brands are the best, many manufacturers were bought
out, so roper is whirlpool, admiral and maytag are the same, etc