Posted to uk.d-i-y
JoeJoe JoeJoe is offline

Default Telephone extension not working

"Peter Parry" wrote in message
On Thu, 26 Oct 2006 17:12:31 +0100, "JoeJoe" wrote:

So, is the diagram wrong?

I'm pretty sure there is no diagram showing only 3 and 4 connected
(as I wrote all those pages!). If there is please tell me where it
is.

I appreciate this but the cables that feed the two other extensions only
have O/W and W/O connected in the junction under the house. So I assumed
that it did not matter if I connected the other wires inside the new socket,
as only those two cables are connected on the other end anyway...

Note that I get nothing out of the new socket - i.e. no dialing tone,
ringing, etc.

You won't , you need to use 2 and 5 at both ends (and 3 to make sure
you get a ringing signal).

--
Peter Parry WPP Ltd http://www.wpp.ltd.uk
Antenna solutions for car, caravan, house, office, boat and tent.