Posted to uk.d-i-y
Staffbull Staffbull is offline

Default Cavity wall insulation

David Hansen wrote:
On Thu, 26 Oct 2006 06:17:44 +0100 someone who may be "Codswallop"
wrote this:-

Usually 12mm diameter holes, roughly at one metre intervals vertically and
horizontally, usually through the mortar between bricks, unless rendered in
which case they just drill through. Typical heat loss is 30% through
uninsulated cavity walls, so your house will immediately feel warmer.

It will also be cooler in summer, as less heat will be conducted in
through the walls.

--
David Hansen, Edinburgh

Phoned them today, grant forms in the post, I can get £2000's worth
done for nowt as I'm unemployed at the mo, make hay while the sun
shines and all that !!!