Posted to rec.woodworking
marc rosen marc rosen is offline

Default leg tapering

Hello Patt,
Can you clarify your technique? I can't determine which part of the
wood is binding in the blade; is it the waste or the leg? Are you
clamping the leg to the jig or allowing it to float and using pressure
against a fence?.
I'm making two jigs for cutting leg tapers. The first is a shallow
taper for the initial side cut and the second jig has a steeper angle
to rest the first cut side against. I plan to clamp the leg to the jig
and not use any fence.
Marc

Patt wrote:
Can someone offer some advice on using a jig to cut tapers on legs on a
table saw. I made a jig I saw in a book but the damn wood being cut for the
leg just moves all over the place and binds in the blade.
Patt