Posted to sci.electronics.repair
427Cobraman 427Cobraman is offline

Default LED moving message sign programmed with IR keyboard: Missing keyboard...possible solutions?

Just wanted to update. I found a gentleman who offered me two IR
keyboards for my sign. Thanks for the assistance all!

P.S. Dick,
What model is your sign?

Dick wrote:
I have a complete Labelle L.E.D. sign with remote and manual I would be
willing to part with.
Make me an offer I can't refuse !!!!!!!
Dick
"427Cobraman" wrote in message
oups.com...
No external jacks. There is a 20 pin connector inside on the PC board
that has lines going to the eeprom as well as a sram chip. The output
from the ir decoder appears to go to one leg of an octal buffer IC.
Most of the traces are hidden under the LED modules, so it's hard to be
sure where they all go. The keyboard I found has a 10 x 2 pin
connector on it but only about 15 of the lines are used. I just tried
using a universal remote using various phillips product setup codes to
no avail. Also tried using a wireless PC keyboard, but it probably
doesn't use philips protocol.

Are there any external jacks? DB9? Round DIN? Headphone style?

Some of the scrolling signs (Alpha, for example) have a serial port
for connecting a PC and they have PC software for doing the
programming.

John