Posted to uk.d-i-y
Ian Stirling Ian Stirling is offline

Default Cavity wall insulation

Owain wrote:
Mary Fisher wrote:
will it leave the outside of the house
peppered with dots !!,

Not so you'd notice!

It depends rather on the wall finish and the care and skill of the
contractor.

The flats opposite me have a rendered finish and the infill dots are
noticeable, but not terribly intrusive.

In a brick wall with regular mortar lines and a variation in brick
colour making matching the colour more difficult, the holes would be
much more noticeable.

Probably still worth doing though, for economy and comfort, and the
added value of the insulation to the house price would more than offset
the slight detraction in exterior appearance (unless, of course, the
house is particularly delightful to start with).

I think I'd have the contractor start at the back until I saw how well
he was filling the holes.

If you care enough, you could scoop the last 1cm out of the hole before
it set, and then contrive a matching solution.