Posted to alt.building.construction,alt.home.repair,alt.engineering.electrical,sci.electronics.misc,sci.electronics.repair
John E. John E. is offline

Default Residential service entrance power drop repair?

Thus spake Homer J Simpson:

Then you can work hot if you clearly understand the safety rules and have the

proper equipment.

Thanks for your input.

My comfort / safety zone is to not work with anything hot. The closest I come
is pulling wires to a load panel that is live, but I won't work on hot
conductors.

If the power company won't disconnect and reconnect the power drop (within a
reasonable period, say 24 hours), I may have to have an electrician do this.
But the one estimate I got was $3000 for that small job.

Thanks again,
--
John English