Posted to alt.building.construction,alt.home.repair,alt.engineering.electrical,sci.electronics.misc,sci.electronics.repair
DT DT is offline

Default Residential service entrance power drop repair?

In article .net,
says...

The weatherhead was yanked off the service entrance conduit extending from
the roof by a fallen branch. The ground / neutral conductor of the power drop
broke a few strands, and the strain relief / insulator for the ground /
neutral cable is broken.

I'm going to do this myself. I called the power company to ask about how the
disconnect/reconnect happens during the repair. The guy tried to answer my
question but ultimately didn't.

I installed a new, taller mast and meter base a few feet over from my old one.
The power company came by in the morning and unhooked me, they work HOT. I
swapped the new setup into the main panel and got the city electrical inspector
to check it and tagged it "OK to reconnect". Then the power company came back
and rewired it.

You need to have everything scheduled with the inspector and power crew. They
*will not* hook back up without the tag from the inspector, at least in my
community.

--
Dennis