Posted to rec.woodworking
Andy Andy is offline

Default Custom Walking Stick for a Custom Head.

Now forgive my ignorance, but I'm not too competent with tools. If i
was going to try and hire somebody to do this form me what kind of
trade person or company sould I search for?

(Sorry if this posts twice - my connection is being tempermental...)
Do you know anyone who does general handywork, home repair, auto
maintenance, or just likes tools? Anyone with a drill press, a vise or
clamp of some sort, and some creativity should be all set.
I would accept a "commission" for something like this, and I know a
few friends who would also. (No guarantees on the perfect outcome, so
if it were an especially sentimental lump of glass, I'd pass)
I'd expect $10-15 to cover the cost of the diamond drill bit (only
since I don't already have one), $5-10 for epoxy if I didn't already
have some, plus something for my time (maybe an hour or so?). This
assumes you already have the walking stick to start with.
All in all, if you gave me $50 and a stick, I'd happily attempt to put
a lump of glass on it (and give you most of your money back if it
didn't work).
Hope this helps,
Andy