Posted to rec.woodworking
Samson Samson is offline

Default Blade Guard on a Table Saw?

On 10/24/2006 2:59:08 PM, wrote:

Samson wrote:
I haven't used a blade guard for years, but was reading a book
today on table saws that insisted to use them whenever possible.

Question: Do you use one? If not, why not?

Yes. Unless cut is not "through". Makita 2704 has very nice guard,
splitter, anti-kickback pawls. In/out in 30 sec.

Push-sticks are in-hand before commencing cut, unless both hands
will remain at least 10" away from blade, at absolute minimum.

Failing-safe very important too- continuously tracking highest possible
threat to extremities, and limiting that to zero. Stuff happens fast.

I use push sticks all the time, mostly because table saw scares the
crap out of me.