Posted to rec.woodworking
Mortimer Schnerd, RN Mortimer Schnerd, RN is offline

Default Blade Guard on a Table Saw?

J. Clarke wrote:
Maybe he runs the day shift in the Grand Rapids ED or something--some place
where there's a lot of woodworking going on. Still, not one with a guard is
kind of surprising. I do wonder how he _knew_ whether the guard was used
though--if the place is that busy (and for him to have seen that many table
saw cuts I'd expect it to be a _very_ busy ED) I'd be really surprised if
any surgeon in the ED had time to talk about matters peripheral to the
treatment.

Au contraire. It's been my experience very few of these guys are all business.
I'd be surprised if they didn't take the time to ask. Hell, I'd ask. It's one
of the ways I assess level of consciousness and orientation. Kills two birds
with one stone... professional and personal curiosity.

--
Mortimer Schnerd, RN
mschnerdatcarolina.rr.com