Posted to uk.d-i-y
Roger Mills Roger Mills is offline

Default heating conservatory

Andy Hall wrote:

I'm not sure of the legalities but, from from a practical point of
view, it really needs to be a separate zone. If you simply have a rad
on the main circuit, with a TRV, there's no possibility of heating
*just* the conservatory.

OK, yes, but then why would one want to heat just the conservatory?
If that were the intent, wouldn''t it also be logical to make each
room a separate zone with thermostat and timer?

The conservatory has a much lower thermal inertia than the rest of the
house - and may well be cold when you want to use it even though everywhere
else is ok. It may also be useful to be able to specifically *not* heat the
conservatory without having to go and physically turn its radiator off. That
may be rubbish, but that was my thinking!
--
Cheers,
Roger