Posted to rec.woodworking
Andrew Barss Andrew Barss is offline

Default Blade Guard on a Table Saw?

Upscale wrote:

: "Doug Miller" wrote in message news:jYm%g.14271
:
: [Curious here, not argumentative] Why? How can you be more comfortable
: without
: the guard than with it?

: I'd guess that some feel more comfortable when they can see the blade as
: compared to a guard that partially obscures seeing the whole blade.

I never have a problem seeing the blade doing the cutting while using a
guard -- I've never understood this argument.

It's also worth noting that no one can see the *teeth* of the sawblade while
the motor is turned on. So what one thinks of as the blade, visually, is
actually only part of the blade (and not the part farthest forward, nor the
part that can take a finger off).

-- Andy Barss