Posted to rec.woodworking
the_tool_man the_tool_man is offline

Default Router lift vs. router with built-in "above the table" height adjustment

Hi Bill:

The 5625 is the router I am considering. However, on Amazon, 4 out of
27 reviews noted that the above-table height adjustment feature either
stripped completely, or allowed the router to slip. That kind of
failure rate has me concerned that I'll end up with another lemon.

How is Milwaukee's documentation?

Let us know how yours works out.

Regards,
John.

Bill wrote:

John,
I just bought the Milwaukee 5625 and it arrived today. I made the purchase
based on a review I read some time ago about it being the only router the
reviewer felt worthy of undertable mounting (opinions are like ... well,
you get the picture).

It IS a monster. I note that there is a clamping mechanism holding the
body to the motor and wonder if having that too tight would not cause
stripping of the gears.

It DOES have a rubber covered access hole for the built-in raiser.

It DOES use two wrenches for the collet.

I haven't had a chance to mount it and try it out yet but it looks to be
built like a tank. An M1-Abrams.

Bill