Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Blade Guard on a Table Saw?

zap wrote:

Well My Friend, There are some who can, and will, learn by what others
have experienced, but there are always some who insist on learning the
hard way, insisting that they just have to do it their way.

Every one of us who got cut up on a saw, or banged up on a motorcycle
was sure that it would not happen to us, we were just too good and
careful.

Have fun in the Emergency Room of the hospital, and when you come out,
please write and tell us about your blade guard and if it is still on
your shelf gathering dust.

You are making the erroneous assumption that an accident is inevitable. Well,
yes it is, if you think those monkeys are going to reproduce Shakespeare in
your lifetime :-).

I've ridden motorcycles since I was 14 (I'm 69 now) and apart from a few cases
of road rash, had no problems. I've driven at least a half million miles and
been involved in 3 non-injury accidents, none of them my fault. And I've
been pushing wood through a tablesaw for at least 30 years and still have all
my fingers. In fact, I can only remember one kickback in those 30 years.

Yes, I know you're going to say I'm just lucky. I happen to believe you make
your own luck. If being careful and knowing the odds is luck, then yes I'm
lucky :-).

Luck is when somebody shoots at you and misses :-). And yes, I've had that
happen as well.

--
It's turtles, all the way down