Posted to rec.woodworking
[email protected] purduephotog@gmail.com is offline

Default Mortiser and Router to make a mortise?

Thanks all-

I have a Sears router- not a plunge. I think all this mean is I'm
going to have to be creative to get it to make the mortises, thats all.

Jason

Pat Barber wrote:
Find your favorite router jig and throw that mortising machine
away.

A router makes mortising a fun thing. A good jig is essential
but that can be made in a couple of minutes...

wrote:

Does anyone combo a mortiser and a router to make a mortise? I ask
because, as much fun as my delta mortiser bits have turned out to be, I
think I'd have better luck (and less risk of breakage) if I cut the end
points and then zipped the board down between them.

Since I'll have to cut 12 mortises per column (48 total) I'm looking
for the least amount of work that is as reproduceable as possible.

Suggestions welcome (part of the wine rack posts I've made in the
past).

Jason