Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default herringbone straps instead of noggins

Chris Styles wrote:
I'm about to put floor joists in my loft so I can board it for storage.
These herringbone straps look like a pretty convenient way of avoiding
timber noggins.

Question is, how many should I use on a 4.2m span?

One either end and one in the middle? One every 900mm ?

Any sugegstions welcome.

Cheers
Chris

http://www.screwfix.com/app/sfd/sea/...chText=herring

These really do stiffen up a floor/ceiling..better than noggins IMHO.

cut lots on a circular or handsaw and whack em in everywhere. The more
the better.

The great advantage is they can be a little bit inaccurate unlike
noggins, which really need to be mm perfect to work.