Posted to alt.home.repair
HeyBub HeyBub is offline

Default getting rid of rats

aspasia wrote:
You don't have cats, you have pussies.

During the middle ages, the Church became convinced that cats were
the "familiars" and hand-maidens of Satan and cats were largely
exterminated throughout Europe. Mice and rats multiplied unabated
and the Black Death followed.

One-third of Europe died.

This is the same mentality that decided old women were "witches" and
tortured/murdered/burned alive untold numbers of innocent old women.
Scholars differ on the numbers involved - from millions to
hundreds of thousands -- but not on the documented existence of
this dreadful, mindless holocaust.

Mentality carried across the ocean to Salem, in the not-too-distant
past.

Hallowe'en is just around the corner. Witches riding on broomsticks -
same stereotype visualization sold in every supermarket aisle.

Very thin veneer of "civilization" on us savages. Sapiens? Hah!

You'll have to admit, though, after the Salem trials we didn't have any more
trouble with witches.

Now in a similar vein, I'm gonna tell you something that may save your life!

This business about a wooden stake in the heart to kill a vampire is pure
Hollywood bull****. If you read Bram Stoker's book, "Dracula," you'll see
that what's required is a BOWIE KNIFE, not some ****ant tent peg!

I'm in Texas. We have a LOT of Bowie knives in Texas and do NOT have a
vampire problem.

Your milage may vary...