Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Ecnerwal Ecnerwal is offline

Default Best Lathe Video

In article om,
wrote:

I just got a free lathe from a baseball bat manufacturer and I am a
total newbie. I was wondering what the very best video on starting to
turn wood is. I am posting this in both newsgroups. Are there any
videos that might not meet my description but are must haves?

Unplug Your TV & VCR/DVD. Put them in boxes, tape up the boxes, put them
in the attic/basement, or on craigslist/ebay.

Plug in a lathe, grab some wood, turn.

That is your "best lathe video" as far as I'm concerned. You'll learn a
lot more making shavings than watching someone else make shavings.