Posted to alt.home.repair
MRS. CLEAN MRS. CLEAN is offline

Default anyone know how to find out who reported my house to a neighbor...

JoeSpareBedroom wrote:
"MRS. CLEAN" wrote in message
ups.com...

JoeSpareBedroom wrote:
"MRS. CLEAN" wrote in message
oups.com...
The secret is being both polite and cooperative.

I get along very well with all my neighbors doing this.

Mrs. Clean

What do you do when your neighbor tells you to go **** yourself?
Seriously.

Has your neighbor done that to you?

Yes! A naughty dog owner who later got spanked. I was polite. It didn't
matter. Now, I do things differently with that category of people.

I got a noise complaint about my dogs. It was unfounded. I interviewed
11 houses surrounding me, taking statements, then providing my contact
information if there's any dog noises from MY yard. I made sure all
three dogs were licensed and well behaved.

The senile old complainants called code enforcement, I received the
proverbial three warnings about a dog that wasn't mine over the course
of 12 months. And, the final warning said, "We have advised your
neighbor that he can sue you if he's still displeased." At that point,
I let all my neighbors know that I'd leave him penniless if he took
such unfounded action against my dogs.

I was, and remain, very careful to keep the dogs inside when I was gone
and to watch constantly because my fear was poison over the fence.
Things settled down when my neighbor's daughter moved out of her
mother's house and took Sierra with her. At no time did Sierra's
barking ever bother me. I considered it a warning to would be
criminals, and felt safe when she was barking. Occasionally, Sierra
visits and the barking starts all over again. I am sure to reward her
with a pig ear. The only thing worse would be no Sierra. She has a rod
iron gate which allows her to see and bark at everything on the street.

Dogs are a deterrent. My neighbors should be pleased that I am willing
to go through the trouble of having, caring, and feeding the animals
that keep THEIR homes safe.