Posted to alt.home.repair
EXT EXT is offline

Default getting rid of rats

You are right, cats do not kill rats. The rats are too big for a cat to kill
a full grown rat, babies maybe. Cats specialize on mice, voles and other
small rodents. The real rat killer is a dog. They are big enough and strong
enough to take on a rat and win. You need a good sized strong hunting type
dog, and they will get rid of the rats and enjoy the challenge.

wrote in message
news
On Sun, 22 Oct 2006 16:26:46 -0500, "HeyBub"
wrote:

Mr_Bill wrote:
I recently have done battle with
rats in my garage. Since usenet
was a big help to me, I thought I'd
summarize what worked for me and
what didn't. I hope this info helps
someone in the future.

[...]

Cat: the ecologically-friendly rat-eradicator.

I am a farmer and always have rats getting into my grain room on the
barn. I have 16 cats. I purposely leave the door open to that room
so the cats can get in there. The cats DO NOT kill rats. They do a
great job with mice, but not the rats.

What DOES work, is a 5 gallon bucket. Fill it half way with water,
then sprinkle a large handfull of raw oats on top and close the door.
Rats will always drown when they go in the bucket.

I am curious how the OP "feeds" the antifreeze? What kind of
container, etc????

Mark