Posted to alt.home.repair,sci.engr.electrical.compliance
Steve Barker LT Steve Barker LT is offline

Default house wired without separate ground - problem?

Negative. K&T was used up until almost 1950 in rural areas and actually was
overlapped by the early romex. The house i grew up in was K&T and was built
in '45. The house I'm rebuilding right now was wired in the early '40's and
has cloth romex. Not a knob or tube in sight. Google 'knob and tube' for
more info than you want to know.

--
Steve Barker

wrote in message
oups.com...

Knob and tube went out before the 1940's in almost all parts of the
United States which is where the OP is from, I think.

H. R. (Bob) Hofmann