Posted to alt.motorcycles,alt.home.repair
Doug Miller Doug Miller is offline

Default Making screws easier to remove next time!

In article , mm wrote:

So I got all the screws that I needed to out of the '69 Honda that
hasn't been ridden since 1972, and I'm wondering if there is a way to
make it easier the next time**. When I bought spark plugs last time,
they gave me anti-sieze stuff, for a dollar, that is supposed to make
the spark plugs not stick to the cylinder heads (especially maybe when
the plugs are steel and the heads are aluminum, sort of like in many
motorcycles where the screws are steel and the crankcases are
aluminum.)

Can I, should I use this anti-sieze stuff when I reassemble the
motorcycle? So it won't be stuck two years from now when I need
to do something, or 20 years from now.

That'll work. Another option is stainless steel screws -- putting aluminum and
carbon steel together causes the steel to corrode if it gets the least bit
damp (even humidity is enough), but stainless steel won't have that problem.

--
Regards,