Posted to alt.home.repair
DK DK is offline

Default When will someone reinvent the trouble light?

My 18Volt drill came in a kit with a light and I love it. The
battery will last forever (hours) and the battery acts as an anchor so
it doesn't move from where you point it. Fantastic.

On Mon, 23 Oct 2006 01:08:54 -0500, wrote:

When will someone reinvent the trouble light?
Or should I say create a troubleFREE light.....

All my life I have battled these damn things. They are all poorly
made. They are always facing the wrong way, either blinding the user
or pointing away from the work. They are nearly impossible to keep
pointing the right way, their hooks are poor and they eat lightbulbs
like crazy. OK, I know someone will tell me to get those heavy-use
bulbs, but I have tried them, and while they are more durable, they
still break when the f**king trouble light falls, (and they always
do). Plus, those heavy-use bulbs are nearly $3 each, and for that
price I can buy a dozen regular bulbs, and just keep replacing them
every few work hours because there is no way to keep them from eating
bulbs. Trouble lights are aptly named because they are nothing but
trouble.

This is the 21st century. Isn't it time someone comes up with a
better light? One that stays put, stays the direction the user turns
it, has a hook that locks in place, has some shock proof cushion for
the bulb, and more. I am not complaining about the quality of the
lights, because I have gotten the cheap ones that fail soon, and the
costly ones that are durable. It's the DESIGN that flops every time.
They are just not made to be user friendly and they are a pain in the
butt no matter how much they cost.

Someone, somewhere, someday, a newly designed trouble(free) light
needs to be created. We can send men to the moon and have all this
technology, yet no one can make a portable light that does not fight
the user and eat bulbs. Maybe it's time.....

Mark