Posted to rec.woodworking
Teamcasa Teamcasa is offline

Default Router lift vs. router with built-in "above the table" height adjustment

"the_tool_man"

snip
Here's what I want:
1: Height adjustment from above the table without significant backlash
or horizontal spindle movement.
2: Height adjustment that doesn't collect dust - either covered to
prevent entry or with a hole in the bottom to let dust out.
3: Spindle lock that does not require extending spindle all the way up
to actuate, but has a separate mechanism that can be activated at any
time. An alternative would be a two-wrench collet.
4: Robust lift mechanism that will last more than a year - prefereably
with no plastic parts to wear out.

I would appreciate your recommendations.
John.

I use the PC 7518 in a Mast-R-Lift. It works great and I have no
complaints. If I need another, I would replace it with the same setup.
Dave