Posted to uk.d-i-y
Neil Neil is offline

Default Old Creda Storage heater spares and repair

Hi All,

I have a really old Creda storage heater, one from the seventies I'd
guess, its about 5ft tall and sits in its own cupboard. This unit
heats the whole house by fanning warm air through a series of ducts
into all the rooms.

I have been really pleased with it since I moved in about 6 years ago
as it means no radiators or heaters on the walls, and the warm air
heats the room very quickly.

Problem is the fan seems to have packed in. The unit itself still
heats up, I can feel it on the unit itself but the fan doesnt go any
more (the timer unit

I took the front panel off and had a look, the fan is a cylindrical
unit, which (unless Scrapheap Challenge has lied to me) i think is an
impellar type fan.

I have looked all rpound the internet and emailed Creda but have had no
joy. Does anyone know of electricians experienced with these type of
eaters, or know of places that stock spares?

I realy dont want to replace the whole system as I have been really
happy with it.

Also, as a complete out there type idea from my basic physics GCSE, is
it possible to re wire the existing fan core motor and maybe replace
the magnets, or am I completely deluding myself about the simplicity of
a fan motor???