Posted to alt.home.repair
Banty Banty is offline

Default anyone know how to find out who reported my house to a neighborhood

In article , larry says...

Banty wrote:
In article , larry says...

She did help eliminate neighborhood communications, everyone
replaced the 4' chainlink fences with 8' wood fences. (So CC
can't see in backyards anymore) Used to spend many hours
talking to neighbors over the backfence. Aahh, don't make
much difference anymore, I can't speak Espanol ;-)

Oh this is simply silly. "One little old lady ruins neighborhood
communications". Are you saying that the 8' wood fences (2 feet over code in my
area, BTW) all had to be all the way around, were absolutely necessary, and none
of the neighbors had phones or could walk next door?? (Let alone the option of
cleaning up and keeping the chain links.)

Oh - I see - prejudices got in your way, not any little old lady and fences.
Not much of a recommendataion for your point of view :-/

It seems that what some folks want from neighors is that everyone can do what
they damn please. Maybe it works in certain places where pretty much everyone
is operating the far side of the law anyway. As in, you let me let my dogs run
loose; I look the other way if you burn garbage or build without a permit.

Banty

no, the little ole ladys are great! It was our mayor
pushing CC to cite everything that caused our neighborhood
to become a fenced gated zero lot line area. (make that most
of the city)

prejudices - where did you read that? I like my new
neighbors, do stuff for each other all the time. Just
difficult using handsignals, but next door family is
becoming very conversant in English and help with talking to
the other next door neighbor. Ironically, the 25% Hispanics
that settled in my neighborhood around 1920s don't think
much of the new arrivals. go figur. btw, if they spoke
German, we wouldn't have this barrier ;-)

obviously, your country is different.

-larry / dallas

Well, if you're from Dallas, I was born and bred in your country ;-) (though
not your town) and sorry if I mistook your reference to language as the reason
you gave to give up on your neighbors.

But now I'm wondering what your point was. Wasn't that there was an "old lady"
who was calling people in a lot, getting everyone so uptight they fence off
their yards and it hurt neighborhood feelings? Now it's the town you're
blaming?

Banty